Monday, December 28, 2009

I am working on my third poem. Yep, I’m doing it again. What I like about this genre is that you can pack a mountain in a jewelry box. Yet, as someone who doesn’t “do” poetry, I didn’t understand how much work that would be. I have spent MORE time working on this 191 word piece than I did on the short stories I sold. (I know, perhaps I should have spent more time on those stories.)

However, with help from Pat G. and others, I have made it much better than it was. ALMOST to the point where I will read it at group. I can see the lantern. (I have shown it to a few people. The non-poets like it. The poets see the flaws. (I have to stop showing it to poets.))

One, completely off topic plug. I have been reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. Beg, borrow, purchase or steal this masterpiece. (I still haven't figured out how to underline on this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment