Monday, September 21, 2009

I’ve been sitting in the Starbucks in the Greece B&N for last two and a half hours, hoping my muse would slap me or something. Nothing. Very frustrating.

Yet, what an interesting time. Joanne was already here when I arrived. Electrical sockets are at a premium at Starbucks, so knowing Phil was on his way we moved out the two-person table and moved in one of the larger ones. (I carry a six-plug adapter for just this purpose.) Phil joined us about an hour later. We had maxed out that table.

About half an hour later, Pat showed up. She grabbed a satellite table and we moved that next to ours. With a new YA novel jumping around her mind, screaming to get out, all she wanted to do was write.

Soon after, Phil left for one of those on-again, off-again, on-again lunches.

Liz arrived, my latest short story’s critique in hand. It was time to move another table into place. Normally, I would bring in a small one, but the way we were growing, I moved out the small one we had and moved in another large one. When Liz showed up, I knew I’d called it right.

About this time, Joanne finished writing and left. We were back to four, but with laptops and notebooks spread out, I didn’t give back any of our conquered table space.

One of the things I liked most about this day is writers from three different writer’s groups got to meet each other. There is now a connection between Second Tuesday, Second Thursday, and Third Tuesday. Besides me.

No comments:

Post a Comment