Sunday, July 19, 2009


One of the many things that intimidate me about writing a novel, is keeping everything in order. And, being able to find what I have written, and move it if I want to.

To ease my mind, I made a spread-sheet. (I always make a spread-sheet.) What is going on should be obvious. What I like about it is that I can think of a chapter I want to insert (one that wasn’t on the sheet before), write it and place it where I want it in the “order” column. Then, I simply sort by order number. I did that with chapter T. I, also, moved chapter F.

If nothing else, this has helped keep my fear under control and to follow what I’ve done. (If you would like a copy of the blank spread-sheet, email me a request.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awful complicated...I just kinda wing it, myself. :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete